Thursday, April 13, 2006

Gonzalez's Heart

I love reading all of the bible versus, quotes and seeing you all talk with each other. It is so cool for me to see.

LET THE PRAYERS FLOOD OUT!!! Surgery is going to be tomorrow unless our little stinker does something tonight. The surgeon meet with us this morning and explained everything all over again. She also talked about Jadens organs, heart and everything else that they have been watching and testing. She said everything looks really good. A few things were a little large but she said that actually helps for surgery. She sounded pretty confident with everything. He is a good size and his heart is working very well. By the time we were done talking with her, we felt at ease so much more then we have. Sal even high fived me. It felt nice to be assured that everything at this point looked so good.

The kids will go to my friend of 18 years, Susan's house. She took tomorrow off and is going to do some Easter fun with them and her 2 boys and take them all to the zoo. They will probably stay there Friday night as well. I told her she might want to try one night before comitting to two. She laughed and said she is sure she could handle it. (She might think twice after chasing after Ethan for that long :-) ).

Today I got a wonderful massage. Dad and Mattie got it for me. (Thank you guys, it was a very sweet thing to do.) She did a fantastic job and she has a 6 year old boy named Jaden. She spells it the same way. I thought that was pretty funny.

We have to be to the hospital by 6am tomorrow. It will take until at least 3pm to complete the surgery. I will write more tonight if there is any new news. Otherwise, once they get started and tell us where they are at, I will write. I will try to write often tomorrow to keep you all updated with info. If I can't, I will have someone.

PRAYERS, PRAYERS, PRAYERS and even more PRAYERS. Love, Steph

5 comments:

Steph T said...

Hey Steph, if you have a chance can you call me? I can make it quick. ;-) You know me...and phones...lol. I had originally planned to come down to visit tomorrow, but if you are going to be well supported with family and friends, then I can "save" my trip for Monday if that would be ok. I waited to decide until we knew *for sure* that the surgery was still on. I guess you don't really have to call me back--you CAN post a reply too! I check back fairly often. My sister will come with me to help take care of Josh, and so we would come down (Monday) sometime after 3 pm if it would be ok.

Hurray for good news from the doctor! Thinking about Sal's high-five makes me all teary-eyed again. I have been praying for Jaden, of course, but I've been praying for you two as well.

(((Hugs)))
Steph T

Kurt and Mattie Krueger said...

Hi,

We were delighted to be able to give you the massage. We hope that for a little while you could just relax and maybe put your thoughts and body to rest, even if just for 1 hour.

Sal, yours awaits you anytime you say...

We will be with you early tomorrow, and plan to be there for you both all day.

You both have all our love and prayers.

Thank God for Susan, I am sure they will all have a great time.

One of our Ebay friends is getting a group together to pray and send love and light to baby Jaden, and his family.

See you tomorrow,

Love,

Dad and Mattie

Sal and Steph Gonzalez said...

Steph,

Monday would probably be best for us. We want to keep it a little less busy for us tomorrow with alot of people coming and going. Thank you though. Monday would be good. Just let me know what time you are thinking.

Seeing Jaden on Monday will probably be a little hard just to let you know.

Will talk to you later. Love, Steph

Stacy said...

Hey guys - Just know that everyone is thinking about you and praying for you. That little guy has a tough road ahead. With all of the love and support he has around him it will give him enormous strength.

Good luck and thanks for keeping us up to date.

Luv, Stacy

Steph T said...

Hey Steph, I hope you see this-it will probably be "buried" soon under more updates. =) I talked with Mitch and he finally agreed to watch Josh for me on Monday--so I can come down alone--hurray!! Monday will be the best for me. I totally understand that it may be hard to see Jaden, so I will make no presuppositions about that. I know that a lot of things can change over the weekend, especially with his surgery today. From what I've read, it sounds like it's worth the drive just to come down and see the Ronald McDonald House!! =D It will be worth the trip just to be able to give you a hug in person. I want to come in the middle of the day, 10:30 am at the earliest, and I will probably not stay long so that I can be home by supper. We'll see how things go and we can hammer out details on Sunday!

Thanks!!
Steph T