Where do you think that Jaden and I are? Where do you think Sal and the other two are? If you guessed that Jaden and I are still at the hospital and Sal and the other two are at home, then you guessed right.
After meeting with infectious disease and the cardiologist team, we were left with two options. The first is to have Jaden get a PIC line tomorrow. This option has some negatives. This would be much harder on Jaden as he would need to be sedated and put under anesthesia. He would also have more chance of getting infection from the line. We would however get to come home Tuesday. The second option is to keep the perifrial line he has and hope it lasts awhile. This option, the line will probably blow out so we will need to put another line in when this happens. Jaden has been an extremely hard baby to get lines in. This would be easier on Jaden but we would have to stay in the hospital until Friday or Saturday.
As of now, we have decided to stick it out in the hospital. This seems to be the easiest on Jaden. We will make that final decision tomorrow when everyone is back to work and we can get more information on our options. So we will most likely be spending Thanksgiving at the RMH. Our families will come here and join us. RMH is having a Thanksgiving meal and it is open to our extended families as well.
That is all for now.