Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Gonzalez's Heart

Jaden has settled in really well here at this point. He is back on his schedule for naps that he was on at home. The last few nights he has done good as well and when he wakes up, he eats and then goes right back to sleep. Before, he would wake up and cry for along time because he did not know where he was at.

Yesterday we went all day and his line had not blown out. We were very excited. Then when I started to put him to bed last night, his arm was wet. So I thought he just bit through the cord with his new baby tooth that he has. So I called the nurse in and she changed the cord. She went to flush it and sure enough, it was not the cord but rather the site. The hole had gotten larger and the flush was leaking out the edges. It is good because we did not loose that vein but we had to put another line in. So Vascular Access came up to put one in with their doppler. Well, it took 3 times to get it in. I felt horrible for Jaden but after a lot of big hugs he was fine. Vascular Access felt awful. His face was all red and he apologized to me. He tried really hard and I knew he was really concerned about doing it the first time.

Our family will be having some gobble gobble at the RMH. They have a lot of volunteers who will be their cooking all day. Right now the community fridge is filled with lots of Turkeys. We will take turns coming to visit Jaden. Then hopefully we will get to go home Friday or Saturday.

Hope you all have a great day.

5 comments:

Krista said...

Hi,
It is good to hear that Jaden has settled in. It has to be so scarry for them at that age.
The RMH is great to let all of the families come and eat there. I know that since you guys have been staying there that we have payed more attention to the pop tabs and doing what we can to help out.
Keep the good spirits going and enjoy all of your family there on Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for.
Love,
Krista

Karen said...

Hi Steph & Sal,
Sounds like Jaden is getting settle, but I think that because his mommy is always there with him. Stay strong - you have a huge support group of family & friends.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family - you're so lucky to have them all so close. Give everyone a hug for me - especially Jaden.

Love,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Steph,
I'm glad to hear Jaden is settled in. I just wanted to wish your family a Happy Thanksgiving. Have a great day!
Sara

Steph T said...

Hey there! I hope you are having a nice, boring, uneventful (medical wise) day today. I sure hope you all enjoy your yummy dinner tomorrow!!

Hugs all around,
Steph T

Steph T said...

OHHHHHH!!! I can't believe I FORGOT! The fabric arrived today and it is BEAUTIFUL! I am so excited...hehehehehe...