So today ended up being pretty hard. The procedure/surgery for the heart cath. went pretty well. The Dr. said that his artery was so small they had to go over the shunt in order to see what they needed. This is not done too often so they sent him to PICU which he will stay overnight. The Dr. had said that he is definitely ready for his surgery and if we had waited another month he would be a very blue baby.
So we went to extabate (take out his breathing tube) him and his O2 was sitting around 50% which was not good. They got very nervous and there was a whole lot of staff standing around his bed for a long time. They started talking about intubating him again and I told them that talk was not aloud in this room. We all laughed at my great comment through tears. After getting a heart cath. they need to keep his leg still and straight so they had him on a board. Because his sats. were so low they decided to take him off a few hours before they normally allow so he could sit on my lap. Finally after calming him down and getting him to rest, his sats. shot up to mid 70's where they are supposed to be.
He is awake and very uncomfortable right now. We are giving him a bottle but then we have to leave the room for a little because they are doing a procedure on another little baby. So I will be done for now and let you know how the rest of our evening goes in the AM.