Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Gonzalez's Heart

I have posted a few times today so read below for a update.

We are now on "the floor" which is a area for just sick babies. Nothing extreme. We are still in isolation and they have started antibiotics to help get rid of the organism's in his blood. They are checking for a virus called "Roto" something which is why we are in iso. We still do not know how long we will be here for and if he has to stay through out his antibiotics which is 7-10 days. I will let you know as soon as we know more.

When we left picu, all the nurses were gathered around his bed in the hallway telling him how cute he was and they would miss him until he comes back in the next week or so. Then when we opened the doors to come to this wing "5A" three of the nurses instantly remembered us from when we were here the first time. They were all swooning over him. The funniest thing is, we are in the exact same room and even the exact same spot as before. Funny how things all work out.

Will update more when I know more.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

How frustrating this all must be for you! May God's peace and strength envelop you as you continue in this (ever lengthening) journey.

~kjl

Steph T said...

I am so sorry that the surgery has been canceled again, Steph. I am praying that Jaden does not have rotovirus. Nasty nasty stuff that is, even for healthy babies!! It is good that they have you in an isolation room. I try to keep reminding myself that God is in control of all this. No "what ifs."

It was so fun picking Ethan up from school today. He and Zeke were a real riot in the car for about the first 10 min (I had to stop and get gas). It finally got too loud and I had to be a party pooper and tell them to quiet down. Then in the quiet, Zeke turned to Ethan and said, "Ethan, me missed you." I thought I would cry. It was so sweet--it filled my heart right up. =)

Love ya,
Steph T

Anonymous said...

I bet the nurses and staff were so happy to see such a healthy great looking little man (although grumps-that's to be expected). Even though I am practiacally sleeping here at work, I pray for Jaden and one of my favorite families often. God is very present and visible in your life right now. I LOVE seeing that!: )