Thursday, November 09, 2006

Gonzalez's Heart

As of 11:30 am Jaden went back up to the picu. The surgeon pulled him out of the operating room. The surgeon came out to talk to us and told us that she was not going to do the surgery today.

After about 4 and a half hours they still could not find the correct vein even after bringing in an interventional radiologist. They thought they had got the line in the vein and found that it was actually the artery which is not what they wanted. By this point his legs were totally blue and he was very cold so the surgeon said she would not proceed with the state he is in.

So tomorrow at 7am they are going to bring him to another OR where they have more specialized x-ray equiptment to hopefully get the line in the right location. The only other option if they can not get the line in the right spot is to put it in the neck which could cause a lot of problems with blood backing up so they don't want to do this. After they get the correct vein or take the alternative action (which we will pray it won't result in this), they will move him into the the cardialogist OR room to proceed with the heart surgery.

Thank you for your continued love. Jaden I know, is feeling the power of all your prayers!!!


Krista said...

That sounds like a very tough day but you had a lot of support there and you know that God is watching over all of you.

we will keep the prayers coming on strong and hope that tomorrow they are able to get the line in and can proceed with the surgery.

Love to you all,

Sara Wester said...

I'm sorry to hear that Jaden's surgery was postponed for one more day- it must be very difficult for all of you. I pray tommorrow goes smoothly, and Jaden recovers quickly. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Karen said...

So sorry that they couldn't go ahead with the surgery as planned. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for everyone.

We're sending all of you hugs, love and our prayers - always!

Karen & Sam

Steph and Mitch T said...

Tomorrow will be better...I hope that Jaden is handling this transition ok.

Love you,
Steph T

Cindy See said...

I'm so sorry that Jaden had to go thru all that and then the operation get postponed. We will continue pray.


Stacy said...

Steph & Sal - You have had a rough day. Just know that everyone is praying for baby Jaden to have a better day tomorrow! He is a trooper and there must have been some reason why he couldn't have the surgery today...
I hope you all are able to get a decent nights rest and stay strong tomorrow. You have a lot of family and friends praying for you!
Good luck!
Luv, Stacy