Friday, May 26, 2006

Gonzalez's Heart

OK, after a VERY busy morning, I am finally able to say hi. We woke up early because Sal had a meeting at 6:30 and I had to get up and make a special treat for the teachers at Ashley's school. Ethan and I took Jaden to the Dr. and she had more blood work done and found that his levels were all really good and he had gained an oz. now. He was also eating and wetting better. He is less congested today also. So, she was pleased with him and said just to keep a close eye on him and bring him back if he drops in eating again. So we do not have to go to the hospital. YEAH!!! I am not sure how I would have been able to handle it if we would have. I was a total mess just thinking about it.

So depending on how tonight goes, I think we will go to the cabin and yes, create an even bigger mess in our house. I have thought a lot about it and I think the kids need this. I do not, but they do, and we will be telling them about Amber this weekend as well (hopefully). We are going to get a slip and slid at Target and a few other fun things for them to play with this weekend. It would be so much better for them to get away to have fun then to be around here where they will not do much as we will be so busy trying to get the house together. The choices we make for our kids and not ourselves. I think it will be good. Plus it was both of thier last days of school today so we do need to celebrate.

I will let you all know how tonight goes and if you don't hear from me until Monday or Tuesday, it went well and I will have a lot of fun pictures to post from our weekend.

Love you all and thanks again for your prayers.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Hi steph,
What a relief to know that JAden is OK. Those little babies don't take long to dehydrate. I am surprised that they don't have you keeping the journal anyway so that you you notice before it is too bad, with all the other chaos that goes with life.
Have a great time at the cabin, it is a much needed trip away for all of you. You will have plenty of people there to help you out and let you rest. Maybe that will be the regenerating energy you need to get unpacked and laundry caught up, if that EVER happens. It never does in our house! I know exactly what the piles are all about.
Take care and we are so happy that the little "super star" is holding true to his name.
Love,
Krista

Stacy said...

Steph & Sal - I am so glad that Jaden is OK! It sounds like it should be a nice weekend for the most part. Have a great time at the cabin! I know Krista and Ken really like getting away to theirs! Enjoy having your family around. I am heading down to see Grandma tomorrow. Mom and dad will also be there so it should be a nice visit.
Have a great and save holiday weekend!
Luv, Stacy

Steph T said...

Wow! I sure did miss a lot. I am so glad that Jaden is ok. I would have been really bummed to come home and find him in the hospital. :( You are such a good mommy staying on top of his symptoms!

I hope you guys had a great memorial day weekend. We are so glad to be home, time for me to have my turn at unpacking, laundry, etc. And deal with kids that a mommy-deprived!

Love ya,
Steph

Anonymous said...

Steph,
Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I hope you get a chance to do something nice for yourself. Enjoy!
Sara

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY STEPHANIE DAWN (K) GONZALEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Promise me you'll take some time for yourself even if it's just 15 minutes of pure Stephanie time bliss!!

Krista said...

Happy Birhtday!!!!!!!!